GeekTech

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Screenshots: "What in the World?"

Sometimes when you are using your computer, a marvelous piece of software will slip up and either not make any sense or just be plain wrong. Here is an extensive list of screenshots I've personally collected of these instances when Windows and other applications have reminded me that the machine is only as smart as its programmer.

It's a little blury but the window says, "Recording failure when writing disc 2/(0)
Click Next to retry." "Yes/No"

I hate those programs that make you shut down everything to continue the installation. But this installer is so greedy, it wants itself to be shutdown to continue.

When upgrading my firmware on my router, I was alerted that, "Upgrade are failed"
Obviously Linksys had hired some foreign programmers.

This one speaks for itself. I'd say either my network is freaking fast to get a negative ping time, or the average time of about 13 days for a response just suggests maybe the network is down.

Thousands of people use BitComet but their versions are all outdated because no one can find the "OK" button.

Here my task manager listed itself as being Non-responsive. So what do you do when CTRL + ALT + DEL doesn't work?

I don't have a clue what Zango is. I completely forget what I was even doing when I took this screenshot. However, something tells me they totally got confused when thinking about the definitions of OK and Cancel

When I discovered Ceedo for my Lexar jump drive, I was determined to install my own custom application on it. I suppose it is issuous if you cannot install InstallAnything.

This one is one of my favorites. Seriously. Go to google and begin typing the phrase, "I am extremely" and this is the result you'll get. This is not photoshopped.

I'm pretty sure the point of an resource controller is not to waste processing power taming itself.

After realizing this program was putting in more than 100% or effort, I was a little leary on seeing what it did to the converted video. I couldn't have made this one up. This really did happen. I especially like how the action progress was far past the total progress.

And to the idiots who feel bots are really getting smarter - all I can say is "WHAT IN THE WORLD?" I thought I saw this somewhere on sourceforge but I can't remember exactly where. I hate captchas. Apparently, the cat sits and the dog stands. I can't tell either. I was so mad about this I actually emailed the company complaining that their captch was literally impossible to read.

Thos are all the funny screenshots that I have collected so far. Thos are all real and they are ones I have personally experience and saved. None of them have been altered or photoshopped.

Labels: , , , , ,

posted by Brice Helman at 10:52 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home