GeekTech

Thursday, July 12, 2007

I FIXED IT!

Now I see why everything was messed up...

There was a problem with Tweaking Toolbox XP. Whenever I would run it, it would still say that I had 30 days left. Well since I've been trying so many times to restore the system to an earlier point, it wasn't working. I tried one last restore point - one that TTXP and made. IT WORKED! So I was able to go back into TTXP and change all the settings back to "normal" - or as close as normal as I could get it. So now the floating windows don't activate themselves and I don't get annoyed as easily. My computer seems to be running better too!

I tried uninstalling TTXP as well as another program and it said that the uninstallation files could not be found. UHOH. So what do you do? You go into your program files folder and delete all the files TAHT'S WHAT YOU DO!. So I did. Well now there's still fragments everywhere in your registry. Registry Mechanic to the RESCUE!!! It found 156 errors. I love this piece of software. It fixed them all and now I hope that my computer will not blow up the next time I boot.

I still have no idea how my computer became a Beta tester. Which reminds me...

I found a free decompiler! This actually allows you to import any sort of system file and change the script to whatever you want and then recompile and save it! I originally downloaded it because I had insturctions of how to change the "start" button. It allowed you to make it say whatever you want by modifying the 1033 file string in folder 38 of explorer.exe. I ended up getting an error message when I tried to save. Poo...

I'd put the link on here but i'm busy with some other things. I will leave you with this however...

http://santa-reviews.blogspot.com/

Here's a blog with tons of stuff that I even used! Check out the "Labels" section at right in order to filter by subject. I modified my registry to help windows run better. So far it is really helping. And for all the computer trouble I've been having... don't worry, I created a system restore point and made a new copy of my registry. All should be good. Prepare for a crash landing.....

Labels: , ,

posted by Brice Helman at 9:31 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home