GeekTech

Thursday, July 12, 2007

I'm back now...

I realize it has been awhile but my life does not revolve around geeky things all the time. I got back from a trip not too long ago so that explains why I've been out for some time. I added something cool on the side ------->


This is kind of my message board/forum or shout out board. I would ask that you atleast put your blogger name, nick name, or other sort of ID instead of posting anonymous. Thanks.

Now anyway, I found this really cool thing on wincustomize.com. It is called Tweak Toolbox XP. This program lets you modify every aspect of your computer. One thing that I have set up is if I mouse over an inactive window, it will activate by itself and rise to focus. I also put a delay on it so it waits 350 milliseconds before activating. The bad part is it's kind of annoying after awhile. I was going to disable it when Tweak Toolbox would not start up. It's says that the trail is over (by the way it is shareware so you only get a 30 day trial) when I only installed it on Tuesday. I tried rolling back to a previous restore point and it my computer said it couldn't. I wouldn't be surprised if I end up reformatting my computer again.

At least if I do reformat, I thought ahead this time... When you reformat, it only touches the operating system drive which is C:. So I used Partition Magic to split C: into C: and Z:. All my documents are saved on Z: (sized at 118 GB) and all system files and programs files are on C: (sized at 25 GB). I also have a factory created drive called D:. This is my recovery drive so when I reformat I don't have to use the discs, it is automatic from this part of the hard drive. Good thinking eMachines! Downside to this is that when I do reformat all my programs are erased. Upside is all the installation executables are in a folder on Z: where I have them backed up.

I really should have left more space on C:, however, because 25 GB is still not enough. Currently, I only have 5.32 GB left. It is partly because some programs, like RCT3 and Microsoft Works 2003 take up a lot of room. I should be fine thought because I can also start installing programs onto Z: if necessary.

I don't really want to mess around with all of this right now so I think I'll just deal with it for awhile. My older brother keeps telling me not to mess around with my computer so much. He says it is all sucking my system resources which it is. But what fun is a computer if you can't modify it to your tastes? EXACTLY!

Labels: ,

posted by Brice Helman at 11:39 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home