GeekTech

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Losing Your Own Game

Sandman - You are correct. I forgot a few operating systems. I actually got the idea from MS's new project - Windows 7. They call it 7 because it is the 7th operating system (or so that's what ms claims). I didn't really think about it. So the winning list is something like this:

3.1
95
98
NT (?)
ME/2000 (Released about the same time - two different OS)
XP
Vista
codename : "Seven"/"Black Comb"/"Vienna"

So there are actually 8 released with 9 on the way.

Congratulations to Sandman for beating me at my own game.


***UPDATE***
The article I was reading was technically correct. They were talking about VERSION numbers and I was talking about completely different operating systems. My quiz is more or less just asking for the popular known and common OS. Remember that windows also released multiple versions of XP, Vista, 98, NT and so on. I believe that there is somewhere around 20+. So with version numbers, windows vista is version 6.

GT

Labels:

posted by Brice Helman at 4:26 PM

2 Comments:

i did a little research later, and i think 6 is still possible, because 95, 98, and ME (i think) are sometimes collectively referred to as windows 9x

so i think 6 could still be correct, i read some more about windows 7, i am slightly curious. i think microsoft is really rushing in to this one. i might be wrong and it might turn out to be incredible, who knows...

Tuesday, February 05, 2008 6:39:00 PM  

Ah, don't forget about Windows 1.0, 2.0, 2.1, 3.0, Server 2003, Mobile, and all the CE versions.

And besides, any version of windows is bound to fail abysmaly since it is winblows by microsux.

Nevertheless, keep it real-
Benrr101

Friday, March 07, 2008 10:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home